java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Saturday, April 3, 2010

p0rn clipart

I was just redirected to a site that surprised the fire out of me.

I was looking in Google for Easter clipart for the bulletin and clicked onto one site that promised free clipart.

What I got was a naked woman straddling a pole. She was wearing knee high yellow boots and had a large tattoo over her rear end.

At the top in the search engine place, it said Easter clipart.

Needless to say, I left quickly.

But the point is that I got this site looking for pictures of the risen Savior.

This happened for the first time back in the late 90’s. I was looking for an online Bible translation on Google and came across a rather graphic sex site. As it turned out, when I looked at the address bar, it was from the Netherlands.

For a while, I was very careful and would check the link on Google before I hit it. But, sooner or later, you stop. That hadn’t happened in ten years, but it did this time.

I guess what made it so bad, and it was anyway, but what hit me was that is was for a clipart site for Easter. I could have been a child or anyone.

I do not believe the internet is bad. But there are sides of the internet that I just plain do not like. And if I had a kid at home, it would have a big honking filter on it. The monitor would face the room and all that kind of stuff.

The devil makes it so easy to get hit, even unaware.

No ending to this really. Just hit me this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.