java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Monday, February 18, 2013

daily java

Daily Java: 
For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. (Ecclesiastes 3:1)
Several things have happened this past week. Some are things of relief, some are things that I am just glad to get over with.

One thing I was glad to get over with was that my wife finally bought a purse. To a husband, the subject of your wife’s purse is one that is kind of double-sided. She searches and searches, and can never find the right one.

Looking for a purse for your wife, or rather standing around while she looks for a purse is horrible. If you try to help, you are reminded that you are not carrying the purse. She is. Which is true. It would be a cold day in South Texas in July that I would carry a purse.

But we looked everywhere. The malls, WalMart, Target, all the discount department stores, street corner vendors, everywhere. And I found out some terrible things.

One was that most purses are ugly, multi-colored things and can be the size of a automobile trunk. Another is that purses are expensive. Some people pay up to four and five hundred dollars for a purse! I was aghast.

Ella looked and looked and finally found what she wanted, but in another couple of years, she will have to do it again. After all, the purse will wear out. And I will again traipse around after her scooter like some big, stupid looking lummox, offering whatever suggestion is demanded of me.

The other was better, if you could say that curing cancer is better than looking for a purse. Next Tuesday I begin my chemo-therapy in Wichita at the VA. It will be a four hour process, but the best thing about it is that it will have begun. Waiting is a terrible thing.

And it is interesting at the number of people in this church who have gone through chemo-therapy. They are eager to help and give me aid and just minister to the minister. For that I am grateful. Longton church has made room in their lives for a physically damaged minister and I am thankful for the gift God has given me.

Some churches would have terminated the relationship because of the time involved. But it seems that Longton has embraced it. Thank you, Lord.

My van had a problem this week but fortunately it is not as bad as I initially thought. And of course, I have lost tons of weight. 60 pounds to be exact. Since I now eat tiny little portions of food, I suppose I will continue, but that is an upside to the downside of the cancer.

And the cancer will not get us down. To paraphrase the three Hebrew men in Daniel 3, God will deliver me. And even if he does not deliver me, I still will not turn from him. He is my God and I will ever serve him.

God continues to bless and watch over us here and we thank him.

God bless you and keep you in his glorious name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.