java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

daily java

Daily Java:
Open for me the gates where the righteous enter, and I will go in and thank the Lord.
These gates lead to the presence of the Lord, and the godly enter there.
I thank you for answering my prayer and giving me victory!
The stone that the builders rejected has now become the cornerstone.
This is the Lord’s doing, and it is wonderful to see.
This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.
Please, Lord, please save us. Please, Lord, please give us success.
Bless the one who comes in the name of the Lord. We bless you from the house of the Lord.
The Lord is God, shining upon us. Take the sacrifice and bind it with cords on the altar.
You are my God, and I will praise you! You are my God, and I will exalt you!
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. (Psalm 118:19-29)
I want to go meet God, but not just going in. I want to go with the other righteous. I want a crowd with me when I enter praising. I want a band with dancing and singing and jumping. I want holy noise.

We thank God for all he has done, event he things which surprise us. He gave us victory in the midst of defeat. He gives us usefulness when no one else thinks we are any good anymore. he makes the day and brings the light when all around us seems to be night and darkness.

His grace and his face shine on us and he is able to use what we bring, even though in the eyes of the world it is small and useless.

He is my God and I will ever praise him.

Thanks be to the Lord all year, but especially in this season. Thank you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.