java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Daily Java:
Drink water from your own well— share your love only with your wife. (Proverbs 5:15)
1969. Ella and I were talking about it tonight. We went on a date on Tuesday night, astonishing all of her friends. After all, it was a school night and she was in 12th grade.

We went to Piccadilly Cafeteria in Houston at the Almeda Mall. I had a variation of the same thing I have everywhere, a veal cutlet or chicken fried steak. I am so predictable.

I have no idea what she had. But she did have my heart.

That night, we kissed for the first time. And I loved her. More than I should, probably. But I did.

She had my heart. It took a while before she had mine. But I waited.

And here we are almost 2 years later, still in love. I love her even now.

Our life has not always been an easy one. but she has stuck with me through all the problems. We had, after all, an understanding. We loved each other and would stick with each other through all the problems and difficulties no matter what.

And we did. So here we are, almost 42 years later, still loving each other. It amazed the guys in the jail that we could be together so long. They came from broken homes and damaged situations and couldn’t imagine loving someone for so long.

Someone at church the other day mentioned that they had not had someone with such a story of loving someone for so long before. And we had. And we do. And we will until we die.

I like having someone that I have loved for so long in my life. It gives continuity and purpose to my life. How, after so long, could I turn from her.

Yes, there are temptations. Yes, there are opportunities. Of course, they grow less and less the older I get. But no, I will not give in to them. because, after all, I love her.

The number of times we have made love is legion. And I cannot imagine being with anyone else. Yes, on the one hand, I can. But, on the other hand, I cannot. Because it would ruin something so good, so positive, so powerful.

I share my love with her. no one else. Just her.

And I love her. what else is there to say?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.