java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

daily java

Daily Java:
Then I saw a scroll in the right hand of the one who was sitting on the throne. There was writing on the inside and the outside of the scroll, and it was sealed with seven seals. And I saw a strong angel, who shouted with a loud voice: “Who is worthy to break the seals on this scroll and open it?” But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll and read it. Then I began to weep bitterly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll and read it. But one of the twenty-four elders said to me, “Stop weeping! Look, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the heir to David’s throne, has won the victory. He is worthy to open the scroll and its seven seals.” (Revelation 5:1-5)
In 1970, I had the great idea of sending a tape to my girl-friend (who is now my wife). I would talk into the tape and stuff and it just seemed like a good idea.

The only problem was, she didn’t have a tape recorder and I chose a tape that was fast becoming obsolete.

I chose a reel-to-reel tape at a time when they were going away and cassette tapes were the next big thing. I did this because a friend had a massive tape deck that I could use. Unfortunately, Ella had a tape from me and no way to play it. She went everywhere until she finally found a small one for sale somewhere.

The finally she could hear my tape.

Imagine getting a letter full of wonderful things and not being able to read it. Maybe it was in some language that no one you knew could read. Or it was in a file that was encrypted, or in a format different than any program you had. You just cannot read it and you want to so badly.

The old apostle John stands before the throne room of God and there is a scroll with wonderful things in it. But nobody can get it open. There is a lock on the front and no one has a key. Whatever is in that scroll is absolutely inaccessible,

And you want to read it so badly it makes you weep from frustration.

But you were wrong. There is someone who is strong enough, holy enough, powerful enough to open it. He steps forward, full of power and strength, picks up the scroll and pops that lock right off. He can read it. He understands the language, he has the encryption, his is the understanding. And not only that, he can explain it to you so that you too can share in this great and wonderful knowledge.

He is the King, the great Lion of the Tribe of Judah, and he is not going to let some lock mechanism, no matter how strong, stop him from bringing the Word of God to the world.

He is Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.