java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Saturday, July 16, 2011

daily java

Daily Java:
I will bless the Lord who guides me;
      even at night my heart instructs me.
I know the Lord is always with me.
     I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.
(Psalm 16:7-8)
My wife and I have been married for over forty years. In that time, we have built a good relationship.

That relationship has been built on our being together. She has been beside me for all those years, supporting what I do, encouraging me, loving me, teaching me, learning from me, just being with me.

We are together much of the day, due to the nature of my work, and we are together every night. We eat together and sleep together, we play together and laugh together, we celebrate together and mourn together.

She is my companion and I love her.

But as much as I love her, I have been with the Lord longer.

I accepted Jesus as my Savior on December 13, 1959, at the age of ten. I have not always done a good job, but I have tried to serve him ever since.

He guides me and instructs me and is always with me.

There are times when Ella cannot be with me for one reason or another, but God is always there. And one day, she will die, but he will still be there.

This knowledge gives me a confidence that is not found even in my relationship with Ella. One day she will be gone, but he will never be gone.

He will always be with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.