java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Monday, May 3, 2010

daily java

Daily Java: Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. - Romans 12:12.

Our problem in our society today is that we are pitiful in hope, obnoxious in affliction and rarely ever if ever pray. Yet we expect God to hear us and bless us anyway.

Our culture glorifies whining. If there is anything wrong, we run to “the authorities” to have them deal with it. Somebody has to be at fault and something has to be done to make us happy again.

Our hope turns into nothing but pitiful wishing. We want stuff and don’t have it and we sit and look at magazines and newspaper ads about the stuff we don’t have and just wish.

Our prayer if fitful at best, non-existent most of the time, yet we expect God to hear what little we say and answer our bleatings.

We look to the best end humanity could ever imagine – life with God in eternity. We know this world is not all and God is always available.

And we know he loves us.

Do what he says.

Not a happy post, but I am drinking coffee and thinking about this. Two requirements for everything in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.