java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Sunday, March 3, 2013

daily java - falling down

Daily Java:
If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall. (1 Corinthians 10:13).
I fell this past week. It wasn’t just a minor fall: a bang! Ouch! I’m sorry, let me give it a kiss kind of fall. It was a mega fall, a majestic fall

And anybody that is tall will tell you that falling is one of the worst things you can do. When are tall and you fall (Huh! Rhymes) you go down a long ways. Two people fall and one is shirt, that is not to say that he won’t fall. He or she doesn’t just do it easily.

I was walking through the chemo room at Mercy Hospital in Independence, KS, Friday. Ella gets her ITP treatments there because it is. There are recliners to sit in for the patients, pictures on the wall, etc. I had on  pair of Crocs, which have just about become my favorite shoes, their problem, though, is that they grab the floor, causing me to stumble.

Usually, it is not so bad. I just look back at the floor to see if there is something that needs to be picked up. Everybody does that, like it is the floor’s fault,

But this time was different. With all this cancer and the heart attack and all. It is difficult to keep my balance. I have never before outright fallen, but I have come close.

This time, I fell. I hurt my ankle, my right knee, landed on the tip of my shoulder and whacked me on the back of my right shoulder, wrenching my left shoulder and finally, whacking myself on the back of the head. It both hurt me physically hurt and embarrassed. It made feel like a fool at a time in life when I need to feel capable.

And of course, there were 75,000 people standing around in the infusion room at the t1me . None of this quietly messing up. Everybody was there and they all watched me fall. And today, I feel horrible.

But it does go to show you: everybody falls. 63 year old men, year old toddlers, young children, teen aged jocks. Some do it for fun, some for a living, some because they are big and clumsy. I do it because my balance is not that great. But I also hate it.

In 1 John 1:7-9, the apostle Paul wrote about walking in the light:

If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth.

He said that as long as we are in Jesus and trying our best, we have a place in the grace of God. The immature Christian who can barely do anything right and the mature Christian who seems to have the godly life down pat are both in his grace and both have his righteousness

Nobody is perfect. Nobody lives a sinless life. Nobody. In others words, nobody does everything right. We all fall, we all sin,  Some do it big, in front of missions of people., some do it little and you barely noticed.

But they did. And they had done it before and would do it again. Remember that next time you do something stupid. It doesn’t excuse your mistake, but it sure tends to make you feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.