java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

daily java - being able to eat

Daily Java:
Whatever they did in their lifetime—loving, hating, envying—is all long gone. They no longer play a part in anything here on earth. So go ahead. Eat your food with joy, and drink your wine with a happy heart, for God approves of this! Wear fine clothes, with a splash of cologne! (Ecclesiastes 9:6-8)
I am really having trouble. I cannot seem to be able to eat. It is not that I do not want to. I love eating and love to eat. And people are banging on me to do so. But for reason my eating mechanism has been short-circuited somewhere.

It comes from the cancer. I lost so much weight so rapidly that I guess I got used to not eating. That was during the time that I had trouble swallowing. But the doctor helped that somewhat by the installation of the stent in my esophagus so food and liquid would go through.

But it seems not to be enough. There is a gag mechanism that has come in that keeps me from eating certain foods. And the list seems to be getting longer every day. Whenever I eat something that fits whatever criteria my body sets up, I begin to try to thrown up. I can usually keep it from happening, but it is decidedly uncomfortable. And it changes sometimes from day to day.

Ella and I tried to figure out what it was that my body would want to reject and we cannot pin it down. Just about the time we think we have it figured out, something changes or moves into the list without our knowing.

For instance, today we tried to pinpoint the things I had the most trouble on and it seemed to be starchy things. I did fine on meats and stuff, but bread, potatoes, other things that were bulky food seemed to be out.

Then tonight I had some roast and cheese. That fit the criteria well, but it didn’t. On the third piece, I was through.

I hate it. People at church are ragging on me to eat and talking about how I should eat little meals and stuff like that. Basically all things I am doing. They think they are doing me a favor but all they are doing is irritating me. I am doing all those things. What else can I do? Nothing.

I am hungry and I want to eat. What am I going to do. I fear becoming anorexic. Those people lose the ability to eat after a while and cannot do so. They starve to death. I do not want to starve to death. All I want to do is eat your food with joy and be happy. The main way we socialize is by my cooking dinner for people. But who wants to come eat dinner with this guy who has two bites and then makes throwing up motions and has to leave the table for a minute, then comes back and pushes his plate back,

Who? No one, that’s who.

I am tired of it.

Father God, give me the ability to eat. Give me the ability to sit with a group of people and cook dinner and sit and eat with them and be happy. Please, Lord. Please. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.