java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

daily java

Daily Java:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
      do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
      and he will show you which path to take (Proverbs 3:5-6).
There is a movement underfoot today to denigrate marriage. I have read several articles within the past few months talking about how unnatural and unfair monogamy is, how no one can expect a man to live with just one woman.

The odd thing is that many of the articles are written by women. It is almost as if they are trying to figure out ways to drive men away from marriage by making them think they cannot do it.

There is an all out assault on marriage, that is apparent even to the most casual observer. The reason is simple: marriage is the bed rock of society. if marriage can be destroyed or changed in some way, made less appealing, society will be gone as we know it.

That is why those on the left want gay marriage and open marriage, polygamy – anything but mom and dad and the kids.

It is a shame that something so good can be so under assault.

Yesterday was our forty-first anniversary. I have enjoyed being married and like being with Ella. We go well together and get along well. Any inadequacies on my part – and there are legion – are made up for by her love.

I cannot imagine marriage being any other way, even though I see it other ways daily.

And it is not that our marriage was necessarily easy. There were rough places, mainly because I was a jerk. But we hung in there.

I read an article not long ago that quoted a lot of surveys and studies. It said that women will take another woman’s man, while men will usually not take another man’s woman.

The reason given was that women are looking for good men. And they see other men in good relationships. To some women, these men are pre-screened in a way. They have made good husbands in their marriage, so they figure they would do the same with them.

It is not the same with men. Men may sit and gaze longingly at another guy’s girl, but will wait until the relationship breaks up before moving in. you hear of women being labeled home-wreckers far more than men. In fact, I have never heard that term applied to a man.

And that may be why women view men as “all the good ones are taken.” The reasons the good ones may be taken is because a woman has taken him and changed him into a good, viable, worthwhile human being. It may be something he was not before they got married, but is now. And without her, he will probably revert.

It is why the Lord put men and women together. It was and is his will. Marriage is his path.

I am glad I pursued it with Ella.

A rambling blog post today, but no less heart-felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.