java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

daily java

Daily Java:
You have wearied the Lord with your words. “How have we wearied him?” you ask. You have wearied him by saying that all who do evil are good in the Lord’s sight, and he is pleased with them. You have wearied him by asking, “Where is the God of justice?” (Malachi 2:17)
I suppose that the worst thing a kid can do is whine. You hear children in the store that just whine for things. And you want to reach over and staple their mouths shut.

My children knew that whining got them no where, that it did no good. Yet still, on occasion – not real often, thank God – they would still whine about something.

People are the same way. Only we whine for larger things. Why is the world unfair? Why do they get to go on yearly cruises and we haven’t been on one. why does his church grow when mine doesn’t. I’m as good as they are.

After a while, the wining morphs into bitterness. Well, I guess it does no good for me to do good things. God doesn’t care. And we begin to equate goodness, righteousness and blessings with stuff. We get to thinking that the more stuff we have, the better off we are and that if we are good, God will give us stuff.

I hear a lot of TV preachers saying this.

But one only has to go the Bible to see that blessing by God is not necessarily synonymous with having a lot of stuff on earth. Some of the most holy people that ever came down the pike suffered without sometimes even basic necessities.

Why that is, I do not know. But it is true. Physical blessing does not equal spiritual blessing. The godly woman who has a terminal disease and suffers from it. The godly man who is unemployed and financially ruined.

No matter what the name it and claim it people say, God doesn’t care if you have a lot of stuff.

Hollywood actors are godless fools for the most part, yet they are beautiful and rich and admired by millions. Why that is, I don’t know. But it is true.

No real answer to this post. We have to remember that God blesses us when we serve him. It may not be financial, but we have a blessing that the world doesn’t have: we are children of God by faith in Christ Jesus and one day we will be with him in glory.

As Job said, one himself who was holy yet suffered greatly in his life for no real reason that he knew of: But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last. (Job 19:25)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.