java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Daily Java

Daily Java: You are my King and my God, who decrees victories. (Psalm 44:3)

Life is a fight from beginning to end. And it is hard.

We look to try to win, to try to come out, if not on top, at least somewhere near the middle.

The problem is, however, that we really don’t have that much control over stuff.

We work hard and save and are thrifty, and the stock market dives and all our money is gone. Or there is a severe illness and we break ourselves financially. Or retirement doesn’t go like we thought, and we have to use our savings.

We work out and keep our bodies healthy, and a devastating illness comes along and ruins us physically.

We have children and train them up in the way they should go, spend money on their teeth and education, and love them and a drunk driver hit their car and they die early.

We plan for retirement and how we will travel and see stuff, and your husband dies the day after he retires and you are alone.

Life is a fight from beginning to end. And no one guarantees any kind of good ending. God surely doesn’t. At least not in life.

But even when stuff gets bad, when all our investments are gone, our children are gone, our health is gone, our mates are gone – God is still there.

And here is what is something else, really amazing. He has decreed victory from the beginning.

He said, live in me, love me, accept me as your God and there will be victory.

You may be beaten, battered, alone, sick at the end of your life, but God will still be in charge. And you come out of this life a winner, a victor.

He will give to us that crown of righteousness that the apostle Paul wrote of. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. (2 Timothy 4:7-8).

No matter how it goes in life, it ends in victory.

And God has said so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.