java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Friday, January 29, 2010

what do i hope to accomplish

This blog is for some reason, as is everything else, I guess. Rarely does anything non-government related ever spring unbidden from the brow of some guy. It will probably become a theosophical endeavor, with all kinds of weird Bible stuff and philosophy. Since I am a weird preacher anyway, that stands to reason. I am not sure what it will be but what I will do is write around until I figure it out. I think I want to:

1. Silence the voices in my head. I get stuff in there so much and so strong that I have to put things down in order just to make them ease off. Now those aren’t voices like from aliens or the Pope telling me to eat Wheaties or anything like that. I just have a lot of stuff rolling around in my head all the time. I always have. This way, somebody else can worry about it and not me.

2. Give my view of Christianity in general. I read a lot and study a lot and think entirely too much, so this will be my outlet for odd thoughts that I have with my coffee.

3. Since I drink a lot of coffee, I will also talk about various kinds that I like. Right now I am having a glass of ice strong French Roast coffee. I found that if the coffee is good, it is good any temperature. If it is not good, it is only good hot.

Bear with me as I go through all this. I have been writing off and on for the past 30 years but this is the first time I have done blogging. It is going to be a problem with discipline. But anything worth doing (some distant relative said) is worth doing well.

I do not intend to get political or rant about stuff, I hope. I am far more politically inclined than I ever have been before but as my bio blurb says, I am conservatively libertarian. I am also, however, a Christ-follower and I pray for my president, whether I agree with him or not.

Of course, I also follow my God whether I agree with him or not. That, again however, is different. He is my God and I will ever serve him.

Oh and BTW, I have not figured out a lot of stuff on here yet. For instance, the bio at the bottom is weird and I know it. Sooner or later, I will figure out how to make it like I want it and not all caps and centered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.