java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Thursday, January 28, 2010

my kind of first post. this time with coffee

I have my coffee close at hand now, so I can get on with the business of blogging. I don’t really know what I intend to do on this blog, except to just talk about stuff I like. The coffee is French Roast made strong and black, no sugar and no room for cream, thank you. My political inclinations are conservative libertarian. I am not a lover of government, or at least of intrusive government. I hate being made to wear a seat belt and a motorcycle helmet. On the other hand (and I have discovered in my life that there always is an other hand), I choose to submit to my God in everything I do.

As a pastor in the Foursquare church, I strive in all I do to love him and to love others, no matter whether or not they deserve it. After all, I do not deserve the love of God anyway, so who am I to judge?

I will feed anyone and help anyone I can. I have promised my Lord that I will not judge and I will proclaim the freedom we as Christians have in Jesus.

My message is freedom. Freedom in Jesus and freedom in his grace.

And coffee. I love the stuff.

I hope I get better as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.