java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

daily java

Daily Java:
Mockers hate to be corrected, so they stay away from the wise. (Proverbs 15:12-14)
I was talking to a doctor not long ago about my cataract surgery and how I was almost blind in that eye before he operated on it. He told me that I had not been blind, that there were lots of  people far worse off than me and went on a little.

When he got through, I merely said, thank you for correcting me. I was giving a kind of relative statement and he decided to do something kind of weird with it. As far as I was concerned, I could barely use the eye without some pretty thick glasses on as it was extremely nearsighted. It was nearsighted enough that if both eye had been like that, I would have had trouble.

Some people just like to correct others. It makes them feel bigger. And on top of that, nobody really likes to be corrected. You may be glad that you know a better way, but no one likes to be told that they are wrong.

But sometimes you do need to be corrected. It may be a small thing or it may be something big. And many times the person who needs to be corrected doesn’t want to be. They like the way the live their lives. They like the wrong things they do.

And many times these people, who stand in desperate need of correction do not want to be corrected. They like what they are doing and the way they do it and really don’t want someone to stop them or tell them they are wrong.

So they go their whole lives doing something wrong and maybe in the end are consigned to eternal punishment simply because they were too proud to be told what was wrong in their lives.

The worse kind of person is the one who has insisted on ding something the wrong way and then gets made when he gets in trouble for it. Why didn’t someone tell me, he’ll wail. Someone did, though, or would have if they had been allowed to.

So the people doing things wrong stay away from the people who know how to do things the right way. Those who are living lives of debauchery hate to be around those who are living lives of holiness because they see what they are doing wrong and they do not want to change.

It is easier to stay away from a person than it is to admit that you need that person’s advice.

What a shame and a foolish way to live your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.