java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Friday, July 20, 2012

daily java

Daily Java:
O our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name! But who am I, and who are my people, that we could give anything to you? Everything we have has come from you, and we give you only what you first gave us! We are here for only a moment, visitors and strangers in the land as our ancestors were before us. Our days on earth are like a passing shadow, gone so soon without a trace. (I Chronicles 29:13-15)
The door to my back porch is in an odd place. The whole room is kind of strange, as it is more of a combination room than any I have ever had. The washer and dryer are in the room so there is no room for a table. Since we have a lot of people over, we have put the table in the living room, which makes for not much room for a couch.

We also have our comfortable chairs in the combination room, along with our computers and it is where we watch TV or whatever. But the problem is that Ell’s chair is against the back door. This means that if we want to go out the back door, we have to do a major renovation of the furniture and then kind of squeeze out the door.

The same thing has to occur when Ella puts stuff in the dryer. The chair has to be moved, and most of the time the little table her computer is on.

So we rarely use it.

The other day I was going to hang some rugs over the railing in the back yard, so I decided to go out it. When I opened the back door, the screen door was full of spider webs. There were big ones too. The door had obviously not been used in a while and it showed.

Life in God is like that. We get so involved with our own lives that we forget to seek God. Then when we do, we feel out of practice and kind of odd. Our door to God is full of cobwebs and practically sealed shut from disuse.

God gave us so much: life in him, accessibility to his grace and his blessings, forgiveness of the foolishness we constantly do. And we have trouble finding the time or desire going through his door.

And it will not be there forever. Our days on earth are like a passing shadow and they will not last forever. He will not be there forever.

Open the door to God. He waits for you to do so and will force himself on no one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.